This guide is for businesses integrating with the old V1 API. Please see this guide
Setting up your account 📋
- First visit our account registration form. This is where you'll register your own admin account and add the business name and email address.
Setting up a sandbox account? You'll need to use our sandbox registration form instead.
- You'll need to provide 2 email addresses. You'll need to have access to these email accounts to verify the email address later. (note: these can't be associated with an existing Citizen account)
- Your personal profile email: This is your own admin email you'll use to log in
- Your company profile email: This is the companies email address and will be seen by customers. Consider using a 'help' or 'customer service' email here.
- Confirm both email addresses using the emails we have sent to both inboxes.
- Once both emails are confirmed, download the Citizen mobile app and log in using your admin account details.
Time to log in! 🎉
- Go to https://that.citizen.is/#/login
- Select sign in with Citizen (below) and enter your admin email address.
- Open your Citizen app to see the sign in request (you might need to refresh by swiping down on the screen) and tap 'Sign in'
- You'll approve the log in using your phones face or fingerprint scanner and you'll be logged in to your dashboard.
The finishing touches 💁
- To add the last few company details to your profile, first go to "Your company" in the profile menu.
- Click "edit" to add information to your account details and registration detail tabs.
- These two pages will define how your company shows to your customers on emails and requests.
- Add a company logo in top left so your brand appears in all Citizen emails and payment requests. (Note: Only JPEG images are supported right now)
- The "Company Users" tab allows you to add more users to your account. Read more about that here.
Wait! What about bank details? 🏦
- You might have noticed you can't add a bank account yet. This is because we need to carry out some checks before we can add or change a bank account.
- Your account manager will help guide you through this and activate your account, but you can read more about how verification works here.